Big Sweeps DB not working

If you notice any bugs, please post them here. Please indicate what operating system you are using, what kind of computer, amount of RAM, etc, etc, in order to help speed things up. Thanks!

Big Sweeps DB not working

Postby donebythefish » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:00 am

OK, yesterday I went through the "My Submissions" tab after adding my allotted 10 Big Sweeeps and in an effort to organize things a bit. I checked-off a bunch of sweeps I did not want to include (ie: I put a red X next to them) and when I was done closed the program and went on my merry way.

This morning, I downloaded a few more Big Sweeps and noticed that many of them were duplicates of the ones that I had marked yesterday as "do not enter" - furthermore, when scrolling through the "My Submissions" list I noticed that there were no longer any of the sweeps listed that I had marked as "do not enter" yesterday. It seems the ones I marked were simply deleted. Yikes!

So the problem is that I'm downloading sweeps that are not being recognized as duplicates of ones that I had marked as do not ewnter (and not physically deleted) and/or have been removed from that DB, not just marked as do not enter.... any ideas Jonathan?
donebythefish

Re: Big Sweeps DB not working

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:13 am

Actually - it's possible they expired. If it passes a certain date, the software automatically deletes the sweepstakes.
SweepstakesNinja

Postby donebythefish » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:00 am

Same thing today - I downloaded the allotted 10 Big Sweeps, but there were 27 "new" ones now in My Submissions, several of which were ones that I had (yesterday) marked as "Do Not Enter" (red X's next to them). These were no longer listed from yesterday but re-added today. I recognized a few (like AlloyTV) so I'm sure it's not an expiry date issue. It seems that (I did a little experiment) when you close the program, the entries marked as Do Not Enter are being deleted and the big sweeps DB just reloads them into My Submissions again - this also may be why I keep getting re-subscribed to Hearst Magazines....
donebythefish

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:04 am

Ohhhhhhhhhh... ok, I think I see what you are talking about...

let me look into that... might be a couple days, but I'll see what I can do...
SweepstakesNinja

Postby DesertDance » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:08 am

I stopped using the Big Sweeps DB for this very reason. Actually I prefer to just add daily sweeps that I want to enter manually, those that work with Fast Submission Auto Click. It takes some time to put them in, but if they expire 3-9 months from now, it's time well spent. I don't like someone else choosing what I want to enter for me. The rest I bookmark, and sweep through them fast with Roboform. No worries. No subscriptions.
DesertDance

Postby donebythefish » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:16 am

thanks - in fact, I've now noticed that any sweeps I mark as "so not enter/use" are being deleted when the program gets closed - then the Big Sweeps DB just loads them back in next time I go through the motions. Dunno if this helps or not...
donebythefish

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:28 pm

Hi Fish,

Ok, I'm finally having a chance to look @ your thread in more detail.

(a) Clicking the 'x' seems to work for me. Now -- the software was just updated, so that may be a previous issue that is now fixed. Please try
that and let me know whether it works for you.
(b) Re: 'Big Sweepstakes Database' entries. Ok - if you 'delete' the existing sweepstakes, then 'yes', using the Big DB will 're-download' those. Is
that what you are referring to? If so -- ok, I may put something in that prevents that. (I.e., so if you 'delete' it -- it assumes you didn't do that
by accident, and don't want to get it 're-downloaded').

Thanks,

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Postby donebythefish » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:26 am

Hey Jonathan

Here is what happens...
When I open the program and click on My Submissions, entries that I had marked with an X are there and everything functions correctly when using the Submit button. But...

If I go to Big Sweeps button and download a bunch of new sweeps and then when it's done downloading I go back to My Submissions tab, all sweeps that were previously marked with an X have been re-acti9vated with the ones downloaded from the Big Sweeps button.... in other words, I was putting an X next to Hearst Mag offers... but when I downloaded a bunch of sweeps from the Big Sweeps, they got re-loaded and I got entered again (it removed the X). Part of the problem is that I can't tell what the sweeps are in the Big Sweeps function so I don't know what I'm entering.

Sorry to say but I gave up on the Big Sweeps function and now just enter my own finds into My Submissions so I have more control over what I enter. Everything works fine that way.

Might I suggest ditching the Big Sweeps function and instead incorporating a function for unlimited entry sweeps that will just keep entering as long as program as open or something of the sort...or for sweeps that have limits like 5x per day? Just a thought...
donebythefish

Postby DesertDance » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:13 pm

The NINJA isn't able to do all. You need to enter some on your own. The ninja wants to be all, but, truth is, he can't do it all. One entry things, you need to enter on your own. Many sweepstakes sites to provide links all free. The ninja is valuable for the daily monotonous entries that one must do. I enter as many daily's as I can into MY submissions. I didn't find joy with that new feature, so, I just don't use it.

Suzi
DesertDance

Postby donebythefish » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:49 am

Thanks - I do realize that, was just suggesting possible alternatives...
donebythefish

Next

Return to Bug Reports