Big Sweeps $1000 - $4999 CASH Category

Discuss anything you feel like talking about related to the software, sweeping, etc.

Big Sweeps $1000 - $4999 CASH Category

Postby MissEcho » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:07 pm

Looks like the database is working a little better. I downloaded Cash/$1000-$4999 today and have a few questions/issues

Most of the sweeps in this category are not for CASH prizes, most seem to be for trips. Are these listed in the travel category also? Are they included in the CASH category because there is a travel stipend offered?

Since I am not interested in traveling (except to a few specific areas of the country) these do not interest me, even with a cash stipend. Of the 48 sweeps listed, I think 3 were true CASH prizes.

A few of the sweeps listed as manual entry, I was able to set up as auto-entry

The Nikos contest downloads as auto entry, and is not.
Rodgers & Hammerstein - Sound of Music sweep is one-entry according to rules (listed as Daily)
The Proctor & Gamble sweep is listed as "daily" here and "one-Time" in SA, however I cannot find entry restrictions in the rules

So after screening out manual entry, one time entry, and travel sweeps; Out of 48 sweeps downloaded, I saved 4 sweeps to My Submissions. This took quite a while to get through and I think adding sweeps manually (using SA) is much faster. So my personal experience with the "Big Sweeps" database is still not great, but it is getting better.
MissEcho

Re: Big Sweeps $1000 - $4999 CASH Category

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi --

Thanks -- it means the overall "prize" value is $1000-$4999. (So it could include TV's, trips, vacations, etc). I may make it more obvious what this
means (I thought it would be), because there are very few 'cash' prize sweepstakes (at least that I've come across). Do you think changing it to
"Cash Value of Prizes" would be better?

However -- the other categories are 'specifically' for those kinds of prizes.

Thanks,

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Re: Big Sweeps $1000 - $4999 CASH Category

Postby MissEcho » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:22 pm

Ah Ha! Thanks Johnathan, Myself I find categories by type of prize most useful. Then again, some folks would like just one button to download and then sort "all" sweeps. Maybe just add a true "CASH" category, then take the work cash out of the other categories and label as value? Either way, I'll figure it out eventually :D
MissEcho

Return to Main Discussion Area