WHERE'D THE FORUM GO?

Discuss anything you feel like talking about related to the software, sweeping, etc.

WHERE'D THE FORUM GO?

Postby donebythefish » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:09 am

Just checked in this morning and all post were gone back to March! What happened?!?

Also thanks Jonathan for the Big Sweeps DB fix! Seems to work great now, except I still don't really know what I'm downloading (unless I go through My Submissions afterwards click-by-click) - and there are valid reasons why *I* don't enter sweeps (ie: I'm a single guy with no interest in cosmetic giveaways...)

Peace all! :)
donebythefish

Re: WHERE'D THE FORUM GO?

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:36 am

Ah -- re: the forum -- I cleaned it up a bit (many of them were 'bug' reports placed in the main discussion area -- so I just put them in the 'bug' reports section).

You should be able to 'mouse over' the items and then click the 'remove' button if you don't wish to have them... but do you mean like preview functionality before downloading? (As for cosmetic giveaways, haha, hadn't thought of that :) -- mind you -- perhaps you could use it for a potential new girlfriend, say 'hey sweetie! won you something nice! :))

Cheers,

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Postby wayneraltman » Wed May 04, 2011 2:22 am

You know it has never occurred to me NOT to enter a sweepstakes. Do not tell anyone, but I sometimes use winnings as gifts... (Ok I do it alot....)
wayneraltman

Postby MissEcho » Thu May 05, 2011 1:52 am

There are many sweeps I don't enter; I'm really not interested in trips except to areas where I have family, with my past career I had to travel a lot, and I think of being home as the best vacation. I'm always battling clutter and only sweep for gifts when I have a specific person in mind first. I will sweep for donations to specific recipients (arts council, music clubs, youth sports, etc.). But, just random prizes stacked in a room waiting for a recipient, no thanks. I'd rather just leave them for a fellow sweeper to enjoy. However, I've had the fleeting thought, "I could have a great garage sale.", then I remember the clutter . . . .
MissEcho

Postby DesertDance » Thu May 05, 2011 10:35 am

Or you could sell stuff you don't want on Ebay! Always willing buyers there, and at least you could get CASH instead of something you don't want, but then you have to shlep the stuff to the Post Office, not to mention, package it for mailing. I agree! Clutter is a hard battle!
DesertDance

Return to Main Discussion Area