MUST DO!

Discuss anything you feel like talking about related to the software, sweeping, etc.

MUST DO!

Postby donebythefish » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:29 am

I'm getting tired of finding a sweep that I like online, going through all the steps to enter it into ninja, pressing to see if the button is detected for submission and being told that I've already entered that sweeps for the day.

Obviously, the sweeps must be in ninja submissions as well (somewhere!) - but the url ( http://steamykitchen.com/16290-giveaway-pyrex-6-piece-glass-storage-set.html ) was not flagged as being a duplicate and sifting through the 100's of sweeps in ninja submissions is an exercise in futility.

Ninja needs to compare it's own entries with entries being entered or already existing in both Ninja Submissions AND My Submissions. Foregoing this, a button to search keywords and urls for both databases would work for me.

Also, while it's cool to have a preview window the Ninja Sweeps now, what good is it if I can't edit that sweep? I noticed my info was being entered incorrectly on more than a few and outside of deleting that sweep I can't fix it unless I go to the website of that sweep and enter all the info in My Submissions then disable that sweep in Ninja Submissions. I'd rather just have ALL ninja sweeps placed in My Submissions so I can view and edit them easily. Any way to do that on my end (without doing hundreds of them one-at-a-time)?

Thanks! :D
donebythefish

Re: MUST DO!

Postby DesertDance » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:31 pm

I gave up! I now put all my favorite sweeps into Sweepstakes Advantage. My sweeps, and manually enter with roboform.

This is a good service, and I think Jonathan wants it to be the best, and we know he's trying. The ninja sweeps work fine. It's the special section of your submissions that are the problem.

And you are correct! It takes a lot of time to enter a sweep, and then find out it is missing fields. This is why I gave up!

Suzi
DesertDance

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:10 pm

Hi Fish,

1. Ok, I may see what I can do about checking the URL first, before other info is added for the custom submissions.
2. For editing 'ninja' submissions, I am not sure what you mean? Those enter 100% correctly. (If they don't, you'll get an 'SSNA' message). Or are you talking about the custom submissions?

Thanks,

Johnathan

donebythefish wrote:I'm getting tired of finding a sweep that I like online, going through all the steps to enter it into ninja, pressing to see if the button is detected for submission and being told that I've already entered that sweeps for the day.

Obviously, the sweeps must be in ninja submissions as well (somewhere!) - but the url ( http://steamykitchen.com/16290-giveaway-pyrex-6-piece-glass-storage-set.html ) was not flagged as being a duplicate and sifting through the 100's of sweeps in ninja submissions is an exercise in futility.

Ninja needs to compare it's own entries with entries being entered or already existing in both Ninja Submissions AND My Submissions. Foregoing this, a button to search keywords and urls for both databases would work for me.

Also, while it's cool to have a preview window the Ninja Sweeps now, what good is it if I can't edit that sweep? I noticed my info was being entered incorrectly on more than a few and outside of deleting that sweep I can't fix it unless I go to the website of that sweep and enter all the info in My Submissions then disable that sweep in Ninja Submissions. I'd rather just have ALL ninja sweeps placed in My Submissions so I can view and edit them easily. Any way to do that on my end (without doing hundreds of them one-at-a-time)?

Thanks! :D
SweepstakesNinja

Postby donebythefish » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:28 pm

Here's what I'd LOVE to see - and I feel it would make Ninja more "marketable"...

ONE button. Go ahead and add sweeps to the database, but give the end user control to edit/delete that sweep as well as add their own accordingly. Then when opening ninja, I press one button and it enters ALL sweeps in one shot. It's nice that we have a ninja submissions tab... but with little control over it, and hundreds of sweeps to sift through to see if I want to even bother entering for a prize I have zero interest in, I'd rather just have everything under one tab and not split my time between ninja submissions, my submissions, manual entries and firefox/roboform.

Last week I won from SheKnows ( a ninja win! ) a "Flabs 2 Abs" dvd - not exactly what I need at 5' 10" and 160 lbs - and giving it away as a "gift" is nothing short of an insult to the recipient. I ignored the affidavit and let them re-list it. This was a ninja submission that if I knew about I would have deleted.

That's it - just my suggestion/opinion. I don't know how anyone else feels about this. You've got a GREAT piece of software but I think you're burdening yourself with making things more complicated than need be. Enough bells and whistles already - just give me one button that works and I can have control over and rely upon - maybe like roboform on steroids :)
donebythefish

Postby SweepstakesNinja » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:20 am

Hmm....

Ok, so for one button. .. do you mean editing the 'ninja' sweeps (first tab), or the 2nd one? (your submissions?). If I understand what you I think you are asking, while a great idea in concept, is programatically exceptionally difficult to do. (I.e., if I think what you are asking is if you can find a sweepstakes, and just 'import' it into the Ninja Sweepstakes).

If you mean add/delete existing ninja sweepstakes, you can already do that. Just highlight the one you don't want, then press delete.

Thanks,

Johnathan
SweepstakesNinja

Postby immortalbeloved » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:33 pm

I don't think you understand the question Ninja. I'm having a similar problem. Once I enter a sweeps into "my submission", I'm told it's a duplicate. However, upon searching the "ninja" sweeps, It's nowhere to be found. Surely it's a fluke in the system because someone else has already entered it in? And if it's already entered, surely others should have access as well? Or should at least keep it from being flagged.
immortalbeloved

Return to Main Discussion Area